Norman:

I am presently using 2.6.10, the latest stable, on my newest Slackware-based LTSP server. I cant report any problems at this point. We've been running some version of 2.6.x since last summer. I've used the 2.6.x series for its serial-ATA support built in.

We'll be running 30 stations this upcoming weekend, and I'll let everyone know how it goes... its the most we've run at one time.

Hope that Helps... --Eric Holt

Norman Gaywood wrote:
Anyone had any success with a linux 2.6 kernel as an application server?
I have wanted to move my FC1 app server to FC3 but I'm not convinced
that the FC3 kernels are stable enough.

My app server is a 4 way Xeon Dell PE 6600 with 4G of RAM. I have a
smaller Dual Xeon PE 2650 that I have been doing some testing on and
am not pleased with the results. Both system have been running FC1 with
its 2.4 kernel with few problems.