On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Evan Hisey wrote:

> Hey all-
>   I have a question about ltspadmin. It works great for installing the
> official core packages, but how can you use it to handle unofficial
> packages like those made with the LBE or to unistall packages? I know
> I can untar a package at the top level of the /opt/ltsp dir but we
> have this nice admin tool it seems a waste not to bable to use it

The goal is for ltspadmin to be able to completely manage the the ltsp
packages, including pulling from multiple repositories, and removing
packages.  It's just not implemented yet.

>  Other question is on ltspinfo. I have figured out what the options
> are and howto use it to shutdonw or reboot a client.  What I can't
> figure out is what the -proc=<>, or what the purpose of -cfg=<> is.
> Any help on this one?

--cfg is used to query the workstation for the value of a config entry
from the lts.conf file.  For instance, you could do this:

   ltspinfo --host=ws001 --cfg=SOUND_DAEMON

and it would return the sound daemon that is configured for that
workstation.

The --proc is for examining files in the /proc directory of the
workstation.  For example:

   ltspinfo --host=ws001 --proc=meminfo

will read the contents of /proc/meminfo on the workstation and return
the results.  BUT, reading from /proc is disabled by default.  You
need to set 'ALLOW_PROCREAD = Y' in the lts.conf file.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]