Ricahrd

> > Also on a running client boot to runlevel 3 (SCREEN_01 = shell)
> > and confirm that var is being linked to /tmp/var and that the
> > permissions are right on tmp.
>
> The client does not start up, it hangs there :(
>
> I found another error msg, reported earlier in the boot that I'm examining
> now:
> ext2fs_check_if_mount.  No such file or directory while determining /dev/ram1
> is mounted.
>
> Does this mean that the file system is not created???  What would prevent the
> creation of such ramdisk??

This is likely the cause of all the problems on the client. I am not
sure how to solve this, but I would start by looking in to pivot root
problems in the mailing list.

> One more question, how do I tell the client to use runlevel 3?
> Is that just by defining the variable SCREEN_01 = shell?

Right, SCREEN_XX = has replaced runlevel = in the lts.conf. It allows
for you to have up to 12 virtual consoles or X terminals on the
clients.

Evan