Jim McQuillan wrote:

Peter,

Thanks, that's excellent work.  I'm very interested to see how it works
on a thin client.  This could completely solve our NFS-Swap issue.

Progress Report, nbd works, on the client, fine. The patch which is meantioned on the website for nbdswap to work is I think needed. And strangly this seams to be a default part of the debian kernel on my computers, but is not in the ltsp kernel I'm using, which means recompiling the ltsp client kernel with the patch.
The comment on enbd. There is no reason why you can't use enbd instead you only need to install the right module on the client harddisk -image.
nbd seams to have very limited error reporting which is why this job is more difficult than it should be.

Peter Childs

Jim.