I'm trying to build LTSP 4.1 using the LBE environment with a view to creating
an initrd containing a tg3 nic driver which will work with the Dell Optiplex
GX280.

My build machine is running SuSE 9.2 and I think I have everything installed
which I need. I've done a few tweaks to the lbe stuff:

 changed a few URLs in package.def files and added
 --with-headers=/usr/include \
 to the package.def files in lbe-src/glibc and crosscomp-src/glibc as per the
 ltsp lbe wiki page
 created an lbe/packages directory as per a posting from Jim on this list on
 Sept 25 2004

When I do a ./build_all, it eventually fails. Here are the last few lines of
output leading to the error:

creating gconfig.h
Configuring etc...
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
trap: usage: trap [-lp] [[arg] signal_spec ...]
Unable to configure binutils: No such file or directory
Unable to build crosscomp-src:

I get the same error if I checkout the head version from CVS.
Does anyone know how I can proceed?

Thanks in advance.
--
Phil Driscoll