If my memory is good, put :

DESKTOP=IceWM
DISPLAYMANAGER=XDM

in /etc/sysconfig/desktop

I did that on a MDK 9.2 server.

Romain.

Billy Lentz a écrit :
Hey group,

  Thanks to installing Mandrake 10.1 instead of Suse 9.2, I can now access
my linux server just as if I was sitting at the desk.  I think the tftpd
service was for some other distro, which is why it wasn't working in suse.
Whatever, it is working now.

I have a question about the default window manager in mandrake 10.1.  I am
not happy with the way mandrake is setup, because it looks like they install
their own version of kdm.  I don't know, I not a hardcore linux user.
Anyhow, I need to set the default window manager for all users to icewm.  I
looked through the archives, but I hardly found anything for mandrake, much
less anything recent.  The Display manager is xdm, and I get the plain-jain
login screen, which perfectly fine, but whenever I login, I always get kde.
I would like icewm.  I have tried looking at the Xsession script, but it is
too confusing right now, if you know what I mean.  Suggestions?  I would
like something that does it by default, not adding something to everyone's
home dir, if possible. I suppose I could uninstall kde, but I kind of still
want to use on the server itself.

Thanks in advance for your help,
William