Hi all,

The distribution of LTSP-4.1 comes with this set to 1MB in /etc/rc.sysinit.
The command line is /sbin/mke2fs -q -m0 /dev/ram1 ${RAMDISK_SIZE} where
${RAMDISK_SIZE} is set to 1024.

It looks like I can only increase this to 4096. Anything else above that
produces the error mke2fs: Filesystem larger than apparent device size.
Proceed anyway? (y,n).

Is 4096 the largest I can create a ramdisk? /tmp gets mounted onto this
temporary filesystem, and since I will have 256+ MB of RAM, I'd like to
create a more usable space, perhaps 20MB in size, for example to store logs
and other temporary files. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
-elb-

Elbert Lai
Manager, Engineering Services
FKI Logistex, Warehousing & Distribution Division
5650 Hollis St. #100
Emeryville, CA 94608