-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon Fox
Sent: 12 April 2005 15:30
To: 'Karl Huysmans'
Subject: RE: [Ltsp-discuss] Lock user already logged in on other thin
client

Hi Karl.

One potential way might be as follows. We use this in here to good effect to
disallow multiple system logins.

Alter your .bash_profile to touch a file named the users logon name in a
"logins" directory when they successfully negotiate a session.

Add a check function to .bash_profile for the existence of the same file
before allowing login to proceed.

If the file exists message the user that they've already logged in and
return to login prompt.

Alter logout functions to remove file created.

Something as bog-basic as below might do the trick.

# Check for presence of lock file and exit if it exists
if [ -r logins/$LOGNAME ]
then
echo "You Cannot Have More Than One Sesssion"
sleep 2
exit
fi

# Doesn't Exist So Create Lock File And Proceed
touch logins/$LOGNAME

Alternatively, if you're not afraid to experiment with PAM authentication
this link might be useful for starters...

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/pam-list/2001-01/0070.html

HTH.

Vernon