From: Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Problem with LTSP client
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:12:52 +0530

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 11:35 +0000, deepu krishnan wrote:
> I have configured LTSP to use etherboot with boot rom downloaded from
> rom-o-matic
> DHCP is running and thinclient is getting IP address from server.
> TFTPD is also runnig but client is not able to download the kernel image.
> only dots(.) start appearing and process goes on.
> I have followed all the procedures at ltsp.org and uses the latest version.
>
> The boot image is at the correct place!!

Looks like you are doing PXE boot. Are you sure that the dhcpd.conf file
has proper lines for PXE boot switch like below:
QUOTE:

# trick from Peter Rundle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient"
     {
      #  filename      "/lts/pxe/pxelinux.bin";
        filename      "/lts/2.4.26-ltsp-2/pxelinux.0";
          # NOTE: kernels are specified
in /tftpboot/lts/pxe/pxelinux.cfg/
     }
     else
     {
        filename    "/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp";
     }

ENDQUOTE:

Of course make sure of your file and path correctness.

Wish you luck.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux