Dunc,

PXE and Etherboot are both methods of loading a kernel into memory.

once you've done that, they both get out of the way.

There's absolutely no reason that a PXE machine would need to be more
powerful than an Etherboot machine.

As for which is better, PXE or Etherboot, the answer is:  BOTH.

PXE is great if your computer already has it.  It works really well,
and with LTSP, it's real easy to use.

Etherboot is great if you don't have PXE.  or, if you want to do
something special, like change the ports from 67/68 to something else.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]