Op woensdag 20 april 2005 20:28, schreef Verner Kjærsgaard:
> - I've got a couple of 4.1 installations in production setups. So I'm a
> little reluctant to just upgrading for the upgrade alone. Why fix something
> that isn't broken :-)

I know your feeling ;)

> But, the auto-USB thing is a real nice-to-have...
>
> So a safe path would that not be:
>
> a) No clients on the server
> b) Backup -r the /opt/ltsp directory - or rename it

Both are options I would say, I think renaming would be my choice.

> c) Backup /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/exports
> d) Backup dhcpd.conf

Is that necessary.  The software does not touch those files if your are
installing LTSP-4.1.1?  On the other hand it does not hurt to do it.  Anyway
I assume that they have been backed up already....  You make backups don't
you ;) ?

> And then go ahead with a fresh LTSP install as described?

Yep.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless