Thanks Jim.  Your advice was very helpful.  I'm printing now.  I think
I'll stay on 4.0.1 for now till I get the hang of this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McQuillan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:51 PM
To: Francisco Ruiz
Cc: 'Joshua N Pritikin'; ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Ltsp-discuss] jetdirect + hplip

Francisco,

Take a look in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/version, to see what version of ltsp
you have now.

If you aren't running 4.1.1, then just try setting PRINTER_1_TYPE = P

to see if lp_server is running, try this from the server:

    telnet ws202 9100

If it connects, then you should be able to type some lines of text, and
hit Ctrl-L to eject the page.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]