DenisG,

I once was surprised when a USB mouse just worked with LTSP 4.1.

Try commenting out all the mouse declarations in your lts.conf stanza
for this workstation (you might need to comment out the default entry too)

Hmm... there should be a way to unset a default varriable for a specific
host configuration stanza.  I could have used this feature today.

-Joe Baker

DenisG wrote:

Hi all

I'm trying to make USB mouse working on thin LTSP client (laptop with USB but no PS/2 or serial). I use Ubuntu for the server (Debian-based, kernel 2.6.10-5-386), LTSP 4.1. I found some things about modules to load (mousedev, usbmouse, etc.) in lts.conf, but loading usb-uhci or mousedev makes an error and X impossible to launch.

My lts.conf:

[Default]
        SERVER             = 192.168.0.13
        XSERVER            = auto
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "ImPS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
        USE_XFS            = N
        SCREEN_01          = startx

[elite]
    XkbModel            = "pc105"
    XkbLayout           = "fr-latin9"
    X_MOUSE_DEVICE      = "/dev/input/mice"
    MODULE_01           = usbmouse

With that, I have the touchpad but no mouse.
I tried :

mknod /tmp/mice c 13 63
chmod 666 /tmp/mice

and a link from /opt/ltsp/i386/dev/input/mice, but not better.

What do I miss?

Thanks

DenisG