Hi folks

I was under the impression that RAM is everything in the server, so I
built one with a 2G celeron and 2G of RAM.

However the CPU regularly runs at 100% with only 10-15 clients, and there
are unacceptable delays for those clients. The RAM usage has never even
reached 1G and swap is of course untouched.

All clients use Icewm, and the main things they run are open office,
firefox, konqueror file manager and the occasional gimp.

What do I really need to support 20-25 clients? I don't think I can afford
dual CPU.

Is it better to run two modest servers with load balancing(I see there's a
howto on that), or should I just go for the fastest processor I can
afford?

Does a 64bit CPU make any difference?

I'd be really interested to hear your actual experiences instead of
reading all this apparently false theory on web pages.

Thanks a lot

--
nigel