seekuel _lycos.com wrote:
Greetings!!!

sir I was setting up LTSP 4.1.0 using Mandrake 10.0 our workstaions are all
identical, evrything wroks fine exept for 1 workstation which was the bios was
updated to newer version. This are the last few lines the workstation displays:

Running dhcpd on port 67 Mounting root filesystem: /opt/ltsp/i386 from 192.168.0.102
Doing the pivot_root  <-- at this point it takes about 1 min. to display the
next line
nfs: server 192.168.0.102 not responding, still trying   <-- the massage stops
here and never continue

What could be the cause of this problem? All other Identical(harware)
workstation boot up fine in LTSP and only this workstation is acting this way.

Any idea??

Thanks and more power

I had a similar problem and it was a bad NIC. Kernel loaded fine but the NFS "stuff" would fail. I'm guessing it was because NFS is less forgiving of networking troubles.

Pete Billson
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.