On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:08, Romain Surleau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My clients are really old PCs now, and I plan to change them.
> If I buy thin clients like Neoware Capio Eon, do I still need LTSP ?
>
> In other words : I know the great use of LTSP with old PCs, but I don't
> know it for thin clients.
I don't see the advantage of 'thin clients' like the Neoware - they are too
fat for my taste. The wonderful thing about LTSP is that the client is very
very thin and never needs firmware upgrades or any special software
maintenance. These slightly fatter clients essentially come bundled with the
stuff an LTSP client receives over the network at boot time. Consequently,
when that stuff needs updating, you have to update all your clients rather
than just the server.

Or am I missing something?

I'd opt for saving some money and going for a really thin client which only
knows how to do a pxe or etherboot.

--
Phil Driscoll