Hi

I'm trying to run apps locally on my network computer running the latest LTSP.

kernel 2.6.9-ltsp-3

I'm setting:
export LANG=en_GB

to try to sort the uk pounds sign key when running a java app (I get pounds
displayed ok but can't type it), however something seems awry with locale.

If I try to run any x app eg. xterm, I get:
Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

This seems to be an FAQ on the web, but I can't find any info to help me - in
fact I'm not even sure which of the sets of locale data are being used by
glibc, however I have made sure that they are all there:
i386/opt/gnome/share/locale
i386/opt/j2sdk1.4.2_01/jre/lib/locale
i386/opt/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0_03/jre/lib/locale
i386/usr/bin/locale
i386/usr/lib/locale
i386/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale
i386/usr/X11R6/share/locale
i386/usr/share/locale
i386/share/locale

Of course it's possible that this is a red herring and not actually the cause
of the pounds sign key not working, however 1 thing at a time...

TIA

Nick
--
Nick Taylor