"Can't get address for ws001.ltsp"

Add a line in your etc/hosts file like this (substitute the workstation's IP
address).

192.168.0.45   ws001.ltsp

That should fix it temporarily.

I'd like to see the thin clients using dns instead of (or in addition to) the
file based /etc/hosts lookups.  We invest a great deal of effort to have our
internal network IP space both forward and reverse DNS served.  Yet from a
shell screen on the thin client,host names like sun2.nelfc.com don't resolve
and I'm forced to use the IP address when ssh-ing to the terminal server.

-Joe Baker