Hi,

The server can be shutdown remremotely.otly by a normal user via kde (nor sure about gnome or the others). To stop this simply enable the option in the kde control centre that requires the root password for shuting down the machine.

Dave

Joe Auerbach wrote:
Damodaran wrote:

What are the basic LTSP server setup to make sure smooth implementation
of LTSP server. Things like locking normal user from doing certain
things such shutting down server .. etc. I m sure there more things need
to been done to reduce surprices which might cause security issue due to
wrong configuration. My LTSP is runing one Fedora Core 3 and using KDM.
I'm not sure the users CAN shut down the system remotely. That's never worked for me for a telnet or ssh session.

Really, unless you do somehting fun with bash_profiles there shouldn't be anyhting you need to do to make sure the users have a smooth experience (though of course if you give them too much permission that'll be a problem on any system). but things like shutdowns I don't think can be done remotely. or at least I don't know a way to do them.

--
David Morris
DMS                               AePONA (England) Ltd