Hello All,

To be brief:
* I am trying to access /dev/hda from the shell
* I get the message "No such device or address".

Explanation:
I'm using LTSP quite happily for it's intended purpose on many older
machines, however, I'm trying to take it a step further by using it to
unattendedly clone / image / ghost machines with the addition of
udpcast. More importantly, LTSP has usb-keyboard support.

Since my GX280s do not have ps/2 ports, no existing open-source or
commercial cloning solution is sufficient for my needs (I can't type
or use the arrow keys!).

The GX280s have sata drives, but I have put them into pata
compatibility mode - they are recognized in knoppix correctly as
/dev/hda.

Configuration:
== lts.conf ==
[Default]
SCREEN_01 = udp-sender.screen
SCREEN_02 = shell
[gx-master-image]
SCREEN_01 = udp-reciever.screen
SCREEN_02 = shell

== udp-sender.screen ==
modprobe ide-disk -v
mknod /dev/hda b 3 1
udp-sender --file /dev/hda

== udp-reciever.screen ==
modprobe ide-disk -v
mknod /dev/hda b 3 1
udp-reciever --file /dev/hda

Just out of curiosity, I also am wondering how supermount mounts
devices (such as /dev/uba) that do not exist in /dev... perhaps the
answer to this will bring me closer to a solution?

Your is *greatly* appreciated!

--
My Regards,

Alvin ONeal