Burke Almquist wrote:

I believe cups will listen for LPD traffic. So if you set it up that way on the client side it should work.

Yes but I think that the only way to do it is setting up local applications (cups & co.) to be run and I fear it's a little bit complicated. I already tried to move the binary (cups-lpd, if I remember well, which should be managed by xinetd) from the server root file system to /opt/ltsp/i386/... as well as the libraries, but...It didn't work :/ I got core-dump errors :((

Is there only a jetdirect mode for client printer support?

I'd just wonder to know...