On Tue, August 23, 2005 6:34 pm, Chris Northstrum said:
> Thank you Bob for the help.
>
> I would like to try getting a boot server to operate correctly (faster)
> before I opt for another Terminal Server. We are already running a mixed
> environment with Windows 2003 Terminal Services and LTSP.  If I am correct
> in thinking that NX still needs a desktop to run it's connection client,
> our
> hope was to eliminate the need for the usual desktop PCs.

LTSP is a pretty isolated package in the scheme of things.  To me it makes
the most sense to have your DHCP server be your LTSP server.  After all,
it basically just boots the thin clients.

Once they are up, just have them point to your original LTSP server for
running the X session.

But be warned: while the stations will boot much faster, X forwarded over
broadband is still rather painful.  I would guess that NX is the way to go
(though I haven't worked with it yet).

-Michael George
 Ideal Solution, LLC