On Friday 26 August 2005 05:44, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Friday 26 August 2005 11:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >         On a related note, is there a site someplace that has some
> > package.def's available for building GNOME and Firefox (and other
> > apps as well) within the LBE? I've gotten the LBE all built, and
> > a custom kernel built with bootsplash support and some other custom
> > kernel tweaks. If there isn't such a place, it would really be great
> > to have a section added to the LTSP Wiki where people could post
> > their LBE package.def files, patches, etc.=20
>
> Frankly why bother?
>
> If you are running a 'desktop' for every client then adding firefox will be
> insignificant, so running as a local app is just pain-n-suffering without
> reason.

        I tend to agree unless we can make Local Apps a lot simpler, The plans
in
MueKow look like the way forward. Which would remove most of the problems
with the lbe, The whole idea of being able to do...

chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
apt-get install mozillia-firefox

looks really nice. Plus it might make LTSP usage simple enough for even more
people to use it.

Peter Childs