Kevin Verheyen wrote:
Hello to you all,

Yet all is working fine at our new install base in school,
but i do have a big problem with ooo.

All my pupils use classlogins, ie multiple logins per class
(3 computers using ex. klas6b/klas6b as login pas)

Everytghing works fine, except ooo.
When one thin client opens OOO, no one als can open up ooo.
In fact, they can, but everything is opened at the first terminal who has opened ooo.

Anyone a solution?
running k12ltsp-el

Yup, it'll do that..

You may also get problems with mozilla/firefox wanting to create a new acccount for each successive instance of the program.

I setup each computer with it's own username and password, which were written on the monitor.

pc1, pc2 etc.

You could do this on a class by class basis, ie,

yr1pc1
yr1pc2
yr1pc3

etc.

Sorry, it's not a quick job if the school is large.

You may be able to do it for one class and then cut and paste the results in the /etc/passwd file and /etc/shadow files, doing a quick search and replace.

Don't forget the home directories though.

The other school I setup an account for every student. That way they take their environment with them around the school, and if they mess anything up, it's them that have to live with it.

Sorry for not having a better answer.

--
Latest news on http://www.streetcredo.org.uk/rob

Rob Davis