Thank you very much for all the replies.

I've tried setting up KDE to use ESD, but it made the control panel to hang.
I'm guessing that means that ESD package is not installed in my system yet ?

On 05/09/2005 at 10:13 Ondrej Valousek wrote:
>I am using FC3/KDE as a logon server happily (with sound).
>There must be an option for ESD - make sure you have installed it.
>Note: Alsa is only kernel driver (not sound server like ESD)

Thanks - that's the problem, I have no idea how to make ESD installed in FC3.

I'm guessing that "yum install esound" should do the trick though. If there's
no objection, then I'll give it a try this weekend.

Many thanks,
Harry