On 14 Sep 2005 08:26:51 -0000, Poochie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  This time the I have to implement diskless client setup for nearly
>  2100 machines. I have few doubts: Will diskless setup scale upto this?
>  is NFS upto mark to handle this kind of work? Should I be looking at
>  alternative file systems, GFS? What should be server hardware
>  configuration? Ill really appericate if any one on list can
>  help/suggest what all I should be searching/reading. Only problem that
>  is bothering me is how to scale up as of now. I really appericate your
>  time and comments.

Snipped out most of your OP.
This size of scale up would be very interesting to watch and  I look
forward to updates.
In the past I tried doing a scale up using OpenMosix but OO does not
survive process transfer from one server to another. Time and
equipment constrains prevented a second trial. Some one else posted on
the list about running 100+ clients but that was in CLI base and not
GUI.
I do not think it would be NFS constrain but hardware / networking
constrain to serve 2100 clients. If you can provide for this and
server farm can be setp this would be intersting.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux