> How many clients have you got working concurrently  using sound and how
> does the quality degrade as a function of the amount of concurrent sound
> users?
There are 7 terminals with the sound server installed. I've never had
the seven running sound concurrently. I have had 4 running together
and there was no quality loss.

If many X sessions work well, why won't many eds session work too?

> Are you running a 1gig network?
The server has a gig link with a switch. the terminals have 100mb link
to the switch.

I have noticed lag between video and sound when the terminal is
running on older pc's.

Chris.