Jim McQuillan wrote:
duan,

It depends on whether you are talking "hardware raid" or "software
raid".

With Software raid, it could be slower, because it's using the same CPU
that your applications are using.

With Hardware raid, as long as it's a decent card, should be faster.

I'm using 3Ware SATA cards, and they ROCK !

I concur on both points: hardware RAID will not bog down your CPU and 3Ware SATA cards rock.

--
-Michael George
 Ideal Solutions, LLC