I just set up a ppc terminal for my new gentoo LTSP system.

I used the HOWTO at:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/CpuArchitectures#LTSP_on_Latter_Day_Macintosh_G3
to set it up and that worked fine.

I have esound installed on my server, but have not changed the default configuration.

When I boot my PPC terminal and log in to KDE, I get audio, but it all comes out the server's sound card.

If I set SOUND = Y, I get complaints at boot that I have chosen the wrong driver. I get this whether I choose esd or nasd as the driver (esd should work).

Anyone have hints as to the problem. Might the problem be because I have the esound daemon running on the server with a console on it, and *it* is getting all the networked audio?

Thanks!

--
-Michael George
 Ideal Solutions, LLC