Okay, I'm trying to make another old G3 into a terminal... It's a Blue & White G3. Factory stock AFAIK...

It will boot when I hold the N key at startup and it seems to boot fine. But the X Server cannot start. There are some errors that I can somewhat make out, but there are spurious characters interspersed in the output (spurious, but the same characters time after time).

The first error message is:
   (EE)pR128(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (5)
and a ways after that:
   Caught signal 7. Server:aborting

Are there any people on this list who've used B&W G3's as terminals? The aqua iMac G3 I have works fine (except for the sound issue, but I think that's server-side)...

Thanks!

--
-Michael George
 Ideal Solutions, LLC