No, I did get you right, Tom

> Hmmm ... perhaps I worded my message incorrectly.  My aim
> is for each LTSP client to serve multiple users, each with his/her
> own monitor, keyboard, mouse and session.

Just didn't think of the multi-user variant...

> I think you're asking the opposite - using multiple X sessions for
> single, multi-screen session?  You can do this with a multi-head
> video card and running one X session per video port.  The X
> sessions can be combined into one, multi-screen session.

Yes, but you need a multi-head video card. So, my idea was to just save that money and use ordinary terminals instead.

> I don't think there's a way to combine multiple LTSP clients into
> a single session.

From the way X functions, there might be a solution. But I'm not the big X guru to solve this problem Just thought you might know a link or something...

Roughly spoken, I could imagine an X client connecting to several X servers and distributing the graphical surface over them. Each LTSP client would just run in a special dumb terminal mode only using its graphical output with keyboard/mouse switched off. Only one client would work fully-featured.

Rolf