Jim McQuillan schrieb:
When you run the output of ps to the screen, ps can figure out how wide your screen is, and use all of the available width.

When you send the output through a pipe, ps doesn't even bother checking, and assumes a width of 80 characters.

So, if you want to see more, you need to tell it.  Try this:

   ps aux --width=120 | grep something

Its not working, because the busybox not supports any ps options.

I realized, that the problem is not only the pipe.

If i do a

ps > /tmp/bla.txt

on the LTSP client, the content in the file is skiped as well after 80
characters.

Can it be a bash setting ?

I tried to modifiy the COLUMNS setting, no success.

Greetings
KP

--
Klaus-Peter Niedermann