Denis,
  You can easily make modifications as needed.

The browser.jar file is just a zip file and all the modifications (with the exception of disabling the about:config page) have been made to the content/browser/browser.xul file in the archive.

Bookmark menus touch many places (i.e. sidebar, right click context menus, etc.) so you can play with want you want to re-enable. I usually just turn the bookmark toolbar on (which is not disabled) and let people use that to access bookmarks.

To change the file:
- Copy the browser.jar file to somewhere you can work on it (i.e. /tmp)
- Run "unzip browser.jar"
- Using your favorite text editor, edit content/browser/browser.xul
- Search for "Pete" to find the changes I have made
- Items are disable by adding a standard HTML  comment around them so
  to re-enable anything simply remove the comment around it.
- When done zip the file back up using "zip -r browser.jar content/"

Pete Billson
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.

DenisG wrote:
Peter Billson a écrit :
Also for those interested, I have uploaded a locked down (kiosk) browser.jar file for Firefox 1.5. You can grab it from
http://www.elbnet.com/ltsp/files/browser.jar

Pete Billson

Hi Pete. Your browser.jar for Fireox 1.07 is great, thanks.
It's what I'm looking for, but you disabled bookmarks, and I'd prefer keeping them. I use a locked down bookmark file with usefull URLs. Is there a way to get them back? Or maybe you have the same browser.jar but with bookmarks?...

Thanks