Kurt,

I know that WEP worked when I first created the wireless package for ltsp. I haven't looked at it in such a long time, i'm not sure why it wouldn't be working now.

To make it work from a cdrom, you'd have to modify the initrd file. it's setup to read from a harddisk or floppy, but it doesn't load the module for the ide-cd. I'm not even sure if the kernel module is in the image, so you might have to grab it from the ltsp kernel package.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kurt Bechstein wrote:
I'm working on getting some wireless laptops booting using the
wireless_ltsp package.  So far I've got them booting up just fine and
thing actually don't work too badly over 802.11b.  I mean it is slower
but I expected as much.  Anyways, along the way I've discovered a couple
of issues.
The first is that I can't seem to get the the wireless to work using any
form of WEP.  I've tried 64 bit and 128 bit.  If I disable wep all works
just fine.  I'm using a orinoco gold card and a dlink wireless ap.  For
my config I'm just entering the hex key into the wireless.cfg file on
the boot floppy.  Anyone had any experience with this or any other
ideas?

Secondly, it would be nice if I could boot these laptops up via cd
rather than floppy since they are equipped as such.  I tried taking the
files from the floppy and using isolinux but it fails when trying to
start cardmgr saying it can't open /tmp/wireless.opts some I'm guessing
it has something to do with the ramdisk.  Any help on this would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.