Hi,

I look after a country school of  340 students. last year we went from 4 PC's to 40 decent computers, this years we jump to 80 good computers, (30 in a lab).   I would like to introduce  LTSP so I am planning to install Edubuntu loaded with LSTP and  seems like the business.

I dropped pretty much   SUSE/FEDORA/REDHAT in favour of Edubuntu.  Having read a couple of posts I understand that the release expected in April will have a more robust version of LSTP however I don't think I can wait that long.

I have also been playing with something called SCUMMVM and CROSSOVER with my kids at home and working out what applications and games I would  to distribute to the kids at the school, so I guess I am hoping to intergrate them all,  I am hoping to put games like "Beneath the Steel Sky" and "Flight of the Amazon Queen" as well as a few ARCADE games, from the posts, I expect issues with sound?

I am looking for :
- any advice you can throw my way to make things easier
- suggestions for applications and games that the kids are most likely to want to use
- issues and likely pitfalls

--
Roland Munyard
http://www.munyard.com