Pieter Nagel wrote:

I am running Fedora Core 4 on a Dell PowerEdge 830 server at a school. I have installed and configured LTSP as separate

package after the initial install. There is 20 thin clients(Compaq Deskpro PIII-500MHZ 128MB RAM Intel Pro NIC).

It has been running great - lately I had a few server freezes (overload 20 clients 20x Scribus 20x Gimp 20x Firefox you have

the picture...) and got the advice to clear the /tmp dir. I ran "rm /tmp * -Rf" since rebooting only aliviated the issue temporarily.

Since then the thin clients will boot (tftp) up to the GUI login screen. After entering their username and password the system does not continue to logon but just ask for the username again.

Have you perhaps removed the /tmp directory entirely? Make sure you have a /tmp directory, and that it has rwx permissions for all.

--

Regards

David Sword