Sorry , I was not really clear :

I already install the LTSP on the ubuntu x86_64 servers , and build the client
package on it ...

Now I ve ROM-O-Matic created floppy disks , so x86 clients can boot with it and
get the kernels and stuff on the DHCP ubuntu server ....

But those kernel are for x86_64 , so it does not work...

SO how can i Build x86 kernel to be load , on a 64bits server with the
ubuntu-ltsp packages ?

IS that clear ?

Selon Joe Auerbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm not sure I understand.  Are you trying to install ubuntu from
> floppy, or are you trying to grant each workstation access to only the
> floppy drive?  or are you trying to install ltsp from floppy?  Or is the
> floppy irrelevant?
>
> If you are trying to install ubuntu from floppy, I think it's a bad
> idea.  I'd recommend a network install before that.
>
> If you want the workstations to have access to the floppy drive, I know
> some people have had trouble with that in hte past (I think maybe a
> permissions problem most of the time?).  If you are trying ot install
> ltsp from floppy, no problem.  I think I recall a disk image floating
> around somewhere.
>
> ALso, if you are using ubuntu boot dicks on regular computers to turn
> them into booting workstations, I think that's possible as well, but I
> can't recall how. Possibly the same disk image as above, but I doubt it.
>
> michel memeteau wrote:
>
> >sorry if tripple posting ...:
> >

> >Hi , I'm trying to setup a x86_64 ubuntu server with pentium 133Mhz as
> clients
> >with only floppy .
> >
> >I'm trying to use the intergrated packages from ubuntu , is this a good idea
> ?
> >
> >right now I can generate x86_64 client builds but did not find a way to
> generate
> >x86 build , did I miss something ?
> >
> >Should i try the original LTSP package ?
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> --
>
> joe auerbach
> systems administrator