Jim McQuillan schrieb:

Rolf,

what version of LTSP are you using?

4.1.1.

ltspinfod came with LTSP-4.0, and it should ALWAYS be running, regardless of whether 'ALLOW_SHUTDOWN' is set or not. Setting 'ALLOW_SHUTDOWN' simply enables additional capabilies of ltspinfod.

Try setting 'SCREEN_01 = shell', and reboot the client. Then, do 'ps -e' and see if you find the ltspinfod process is running.

Yes, in fact I can see two entries:

/bin/sh  /etc/run_ltspinfod
/sbin/ltspinfod  --nodaemon  -s

Is that what it's supposed to be?

Rolf

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eilert wrote:

Peter Billson schrieb:

Rolf,
  From the wiki: http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LtspinfoTips

In order to shutdown a LTSP client, do the following
    * Edit lts.conf and add ALLOW_SHUTDOWN = Y

Pete Billson

Yes, Peter, but you got me wrong. Sorry, forgot to mention that OF COURSE I've put this into lts.conf before :-)

Nevertheless, it doesn't do what it's supposed to, but instead gives the error message.

Any other idea?

Rolf