On 2/9/06, Sithi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> further to my message on x server failed .....
> regarding the ip address issue,
> only the linux box, takes care of dhcp & tftp and in the windows box, all
> these services are stopped.
>
> while installing ubuntu 5.10 (please note, i always did default
> installation) itself i am giving the static ip address as 192.168.0.101, i
> think this should take care of configuring all the config files

While it is okay to give this address if that is needed because of
your existing network, for a stand alone network, especially when the
install box is going to be dhcp server etc., it is better to give
192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254 address as server address at start or end
of range become easy to remember.

> also, i had never changed the ip address before or after installing the LTSP
> (please note, i always did default installation), i think, then LTSP should
> get confiugred accordingly.
>
> but, when i face problem and then only change the ip address to 192.168.0.2,
> then every thing seems to be ok, except for the xserver.

Changing IP to any random IP does not make sense and nothing should
work unless some where you have given 192.168.0.2 as the IP for some
service.

For sake of clarity...this xserver is on client or server?

> S Sithi Vinayagam,
> No. 4, V.V Koil Street,
> Saidapet, Chennai,
> Tamil Nadu, India

No too far away for me to pop in but may be some one from Chennai could help.

Can you write down total procedure that you are following in
installing ubuntu and ltsp?

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux