Im running everything on 2.4 but im facing the need to start using 2.6
coz i need alsa and hotplug.
I was going to port udev to ltsp to solve your first problem. I don't
understand the second one, what about it?
The third would be great, i was going to add 32mb to every workstation
to have a total of 64mb at least.