I'm trying to get automatic and timed login to work for some kiosk
machines at the local library. The
server is Ubuntu 5.10 and LTSP is 4.1.1 .  I'm using gdm, and am
experimenting with
the value of the DISPLAY environment variable in the PostLogin/Default
script. I've noticed
that DISPLAY gets set to ws10<n>.ltsp:0 even though DNS is set up
correctly on the server.
I set up a shell screen session on them, and host reports their hostname
correctly. What am I missing here?

                    J. Toman