CHris, Andrew,
I have both Mplayer, and Xine installed on all of our Linux servers,and
Xine works fine as out web embedded video player, and Mplayer is used
for playing "local video clips.
If youd like ill email our school FTP site and you can download the
RPM's to install to make it happen.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna