Hi Anselm, hi list,

I found the reason (at least I hope it was this one):

There was an nfs directory in my /home, and this nfs was mounted to the machine I used to log in from via "X -query <server>". When I tried to log in from somewhere else via LTSP, this machine stayed switched off and thus this directory was not there or empty or sleeping or whatever.

It took half an hour to get rid of this directory because the server didn't want to let it go, but now that I succeeded in killing it at last, everything seems to run smoothly again.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Rolf