Phil Davey schrieb:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Eilert wrote:
Is it possible or not? The automatic screen saving of X on the terminals sucks. I've tried a lot of tricks I read about in the past, but none of them helped.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
However, for my clients I've enabled DPMS to blank the screens. This seems to work whether they are logged in or not.

I just added these lines to the default section of lts.conf

        X_DPMS = Y
        X_DPMS_STANDBYTIME = 5
        X_DPMS_SUSPENDTIME = 10
        X_DPMS_OFFTIME = 15

If you *don't* want them to blank and run a screensaver of some kind instead, I'd guess you want X_DPMS = N and then set up a screensaver either on the server on as a local app on the clients.

DPMS is switched off by default, but the X screensaver was switched on. Read my answer to Anselm, I'm sure I've found the reason.

Rolf