Sudev Barar wrote:
On 07/04/06, matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I want to start out by saying that I'm new to the list and haven't
looked into this much yet, but I plan on setting up a server for home
use shortly. One of the things I would like to do if possible is to
disconnect a session, but allow any currently running applications in
that session to keep running. One reason for this is that my wife does
alto of bit torrent downloading and it would be nice to have this
happening on one big happy server thats up all the time so she can shut
down her pc at night and have the files continue to download. Would an X
proxy allow this to happen or is something like this a completely
different thread if possible at all?

Thanks
Matt

Matt
This is know as thread hijacking :-(
For a new topic please start off with a fresh mail rather than hit a
reply button and change topic.

However as this is conneted to the original topic is a peripheral sort
of way my suggestion would be check out
$man screen

HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux

Since this was sort of related I didn't think it was to big of deal. Some lists are more sensitive to this though so I apologize for the hijack.

Thanks for the direction.

Matt