On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:30:48 -0400
Gentgeen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been waiting for the local USB stuff in 4.2, and can't wait to
> try it out next week (Spring break, so I am off).  What I am wondering
> about is can it work in my scenario, or does it depend on
> Konqueror/Nautilus?  Everything I see seems to reference those two,
> but my users use IceWM and Rox-filer.
>
> Kevin

OK, I went for it last night, and everything _seems_ OK, as long as I
keep at the shell window on the client.  I can see the entries in
/etc/fstab, I can mount them and view the contents.  But once I startx
things get a bit difficult.

I followed the install directions for 4.2 (downloaded the .deb since I
am running Debian Testing) then followed the directions at
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev for using
LocalDev.  Running through the "troubleshooting" portion, I can get to
"Step 9" without any problem/errors.

When I issue:
   /usr/sbin/lbus_event_handler.sh add block /tmp 1024 Temp

I get an error:
   fusermount: mount failed: Operation not permitted

It does create the .desktop file, and the $HOME/Drives/tmp directory.

When I issue the mount command, I do not see anything about ltspfs, but
I assume that is cause fusermount failed.

I also followed the directions posted on this list about creating a
/etc/fuse.conf file and to chown :fuse /usr/bin/fusermount (Thanks to
Colin and Scott)  I can not seem to get as far as Colin did, but still
working on it :)

Any help would be appreciated.