On Thursday 13 April 2006 11:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> I have one of these usb to ps2 adapters which i have to (would like to
> very much) use with a terminial and kvm. My terminal only has usb and
> the kvm is all ps2.  The problem is that when the terminlal boots the
> mouse only moves in one axis, up and down.  The keyboard works fine.
> This adapter works fine with a desktop install. Not sure if this is
> the right thing to do but I've tried doing modprobe -l with the thing
> plugged in and not plugged in and the lists are the same.  Does anyone
> know how I can get this adapter to work?

My experience is
a) You plug in a PS/2 rodent while powered and it gets permanently pregnant
   and runs in one axis only. You can plug in PS/2 mouses when off only!
b) Using wrong driver eg PS/2 when it's IMPS/2 or even worse a PS/2 interface
   with another protocol
James