Jim,

The error loading agpgart is caused by the fact that the agpgart driver is now statically linked into the kernel, rather than as a module. The 'FATAL' message is completely harmless in this case.

There's something else causing a problem.

To troubleshoot this problem, try setting 'SCREEN_01 = shell' in lts.conf, and when you boot the client, you should have a bash shell prompt.

At that prompt, try running 'startx'. Once it fails, it should drop you back to the command line.

At that point, see what the errors say and report back to us.

You can also try:   startx >/tmp/out 2>&1
and after it fails, take a look at the /tmp/out file on the workstation.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jim Blenkins wrote:

Hi,

I have recently installed ltsp 4.2 and are having a problem getting my thin client a dell gx150 booting the xserver.

I get the following error
FATAL: module agpgart.o not found.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the utils 0.25 and still I have the same problem.

I have tried changing the xserver setting in lts.conf from auto to i810 with no joy and have also tried the vesa setting this provided me with a scrambled screen.

Could someone please help!!

Best Regards

Jim Blenkins