I have a small problem concerning the stability of the two LBUS demons.

Well, rather the lbuscd demon and a non-responsiveness of lbussd.

After a reboot the terminal (in most cases) works just fine. Upon
log-in it probes the floppy and places the floppy folder om the
desktop. USB stick appears (at least if I plug it in and out a few
times) and the IDE-CDROM also works fine (most of the time).

The problems starts, whenever the first user (after a reboot) logs
out, and leaves the terminal to a different user. In several cases
this causes the floppy drive not to be detected upon login. Though

/usr/sbin/lbus_event_handler.sh add block readwrite 1024 Floppy

works fine and it added the floppy and double clicking it give me
access to the floppy.

In other cases, inserting a cdrom is not detected by lbuscd (at least
lbussd is not firing). Again in most cases

/usr/sbin/lbus_event_handler.sh add block readonly 1024 CDROM

does provide access to it. (Though it might not want to release the
CDROM until the terminal is rebooted.)