-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Auerbach
Sent: 15 May 2006 12:59
To: Nigel
Cc: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: ***SPAM***(6.9) [Ltsp-discuss] Keybaord and mouse duplicated on
clients

Nigel wrote:

> I have finished setting up my first LTSP network (1 Ubuntu 5.10 server
> and 2 laptops connected via a 3 COM 1100 switch) for use in school.
> Everything seems to work fine except when BOTH laptops are running -
> moving the mouse on one has the same effect on the other. Likewise,
> the typing on one keyboard appears on both PCs! The laptops are
> identical (Paceblades).
>
> According to 'ltspcfg' all services are running fine. I can only
> assume it's something to do with XDMCP ?
>
> Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Nigel McCourt

Never heard of that but I suggest you check to make sure that both
machines are assigned dofferent mac addresses and that each mac address
is assigned to a different ip address (or that they're set up as dhcp).
I can't see how they might both be coming through as the same terminal,
but it's not impossible I guess if they have the same mac address.

--

joe auerbach
systems administrator